The Bridge of Storm Lake has an opening for an Administrative Assistant, an energetic, conscientious, and detail-oriented individual who would enjoy making a difference in the Storm Lake community and being part of our team. This is a part-time hourly position of 20-24 hours each week.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by The Bridge of Storm Lake office at 529 Seneca St., Storm Lake, IA 50588 to get an Employment Application.
Return Cover Letter, Employment Application and Resume (or Resume Form) to The Bridge by November 9, 2018.
A background check will be conducted on the final candidate.
The Bridge of Storm Lake is an Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act/Smoke-Free Employer.
THE BRIDGE OF STORM LAKE
Part-time hourly position of 20-24 hours each week working at The Bridge of Storm Lake. Position is to be filled by and individual that is energetic, conscientious, and detail-oriented who enjoys making a difference in the Storm Lake community and being part of a team. Includes paid vacation and sick leave.
Office Management: Manage and maintain office printing, supplies, and products. Complete regular supply orders. Manage and maintain google staff calendars and google drive files. Data entry and maintain database of donors and subscribers. Update handbooks and policies as needed. Review/answer emails and phone calls and direct them as needed. Coordinate office cleaning schedule.
Special Events: Organize logistics and administrative needs for annual special events, such as The Bridge Run for Our Future, Annual Banquet, and Annual Campaign.
Communication and Coordination: Send regular mailings and email updates from The Bridge. Write and/or delegate thank you notes as needed. Communicate and Coordinate with volunteers and volunteer groups to arrange orientations and times for staff to direct the volunteers to the appropriate project and tasks.
Other: Special projects as assigned such as help create the annual report
- High School diploma with knowledge in office administration
- Three or more years of experience in an office setting is preferred
- Proficient in Google Office Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Mail Chimp
- Ability to work with multiple staff and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with confidential documents and records with integrity
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure
ROLES AND RELATIONSHIPS:
Supervisor: Director of Operations
Works with: CEO, Staff and Volunteers