The Bridge of Storm Lake has an opening for an Chief Executive Officer (CEO), an energetic, conscientious, visionary, who would enjoy making a difference in the Storm Lake community and being part of leading a team. This is a part-time salaried position of 24-30 hours each week.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by The Bridge of Storm Lake office at 529 Seneca St., Storm Lake, IA 50588 to get an Employment Application.
Return Cover Letter, Employment Application and Resume (or Resume Form) to The Bridge by November 13, 2018.
A background check will be conducted on the final candidate.
The Bridge of Storm Lake is an Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act/Smoke-Free Employer.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
THE BRIDGE OF STORM LAKE
Part-time salaried position 24-30 hours each week leading The Bridge of Storm Lake. Position is to be filled by an individual that is energetic, conscientious, has vision, enjoys making a difference in the Storm Lake community and being part of leading a team. Includes paid vacation and sick leave.
- Responsible for managing the communications/public relations department and the content it delivers. Responsible for overseeing the development of new ventures as well as guiding those currently in place.
- Responsible for keeping the overarching goals of the ministry in focus, as they relate to the day-to-day functions.
- Responsible for casting vision.
Responsible for mentoring and training of new staff, board members, and volunteers for a deeper understanding of the mission and desire to live it out.
Protect the mission: Guard the mission and vision of the organization. Ensure consistency and effectiveness of ministry in fulfilling its God-given mission.
Maintain big picture: Lead in the strategizing and envisioning of ministry activities, growth, communication, publicity, and developmental goals.
Share in leadership: Support the Operations Director by guiding the growth of the ministry, making decisions, training staff towards fulfillment of the vision, and leading in areas of communications, development, and public relations.
Be the voice of the organization: Promote the mission and message of the organization. Ensures brand message is consistent and reflective of the God-given vision.
Vision and Strategy:
- Contribute to development of strategy and overall vision of the organization.
- Cast vision of where the ministry is going and maintain big picture.
- Guide current programs as necessary and help develop new endeavors, working with key players to fulfill the overall mission.
- Confront issues of inconsistency or areas in which the ministry has deviated from its God-given mission.
Communications and Branding
- Ensure consistency in all aspects of communication and that all communication reflects the organization’s strategic vision and mission.
- Oversee the development and maintenance the company’s image and identity, which includes the use of logos and signage.
- Manage communications budgets.
- Oversee and approve all print and digital material to promote consistency in branding and voice.
- Implement social media strategies and oversee social media and website maintenance.
- Oversee and/or produce and publish mass communications with email blasts and marketing campaigns.
- Publicity/Community Relations
- Be the voice of the organization.
- Oversee special events to ensure the message and mission is consistent.
- Act as an advocate for the ministry.
- Strategize about development and fundraising efforts with Executive Team.
- Oversee fundraising efforts to ensure the message and mission is consistent.
- Oversee and approve grant proposals.
- Advocate on behalf of the organization with external stakeholders and the media across all communications channels and vehicles.
- Invite key players into financial partnerships with the organization.
- Develop relationships with individuals, businesses, churches, etc that may be
- interested in the mission and financial sustainability of the organization.
- Train and mentor new staff and current staff toward a deeper understanding of the vision and mission and a desire to see it carried out.
- Work with directors and coordinators in their areas of responsibility to ensure the fulfilment of the vision.
- Cast vision for staff of the ministry’s future and how each one can fill roles within the organization.
- Together with the Board, make recommendations regarding personnel changes, hiring and firing, with respect to the ministry’s vision and purpose.
- Follower of Jesus Christ, Walking with the Lord and sensitive to His leading.
- Live as example of the mission and vision of the ministry.
- Committed to continued growth and learning.
- Marked as one with a heart of a teacher, desiring to replicate and disciple
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with knowledge in nonprofit leadership
- Three or more years of experience in nonprofit leadership is preferred
- Proficient in Google Office Suite
- Ability to manage multiple staff and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with confidential documents and records with integrity
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure
ROLES AND RELATIONSHIPS:
Supervisor: Board of Directors
Supervises: Operations Director, Staff, and Volunteers